It's friday again! woooooo!
In recent news, I've finally started talking on the ppk (I am upforair, hear me spod!), and I've also been tagged again to reveal 5 things about myself - by S. of The Student Stomach, AND Chelsea from No Whey Jose!, and apparently there's no insisting that I've already done this, oh no - I must bore you once more with the randomest of random me-facts that I can think of. The meme is cumulative! And so I list...
1. I used to have dreads until pretty recently. Loooooooong dreads. (about six years of growth maybe?)
2. As a kid I would eat ANYTHING if it was chocolate. Baking chocolate, waxy wedding favours hidden in the closet, smarties that were most definitely rancid, leftover dried up frosting, and yes, even easter eggs....
3. I like to go to summer festivals in the woods, and camp, and make vegan food, and dance to psy-trance music. The OM reunion festival especially.
4. My favourite band is Depeche Mode. (I'm aware of how awful that is)
5. I'm currently trying to quit smoking - I smoked half a pack a day for 7 years, but I've cut it down to 3 or 4 a day in the last few months. The only problem is stopping entirely, 'cause every time I try I get insomnia so bad I sleep maybe an hour a night. :/
6. I wanna be famous. For art! I used to stress over what direction my life should take (art or food? ART OR FOOD, WOMAN?!). But now I hardly think it matters. Hell, if I work in a bakery to pay the rent and keep my art a pure and personal thing, that's just great with me!
7. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
8. I'm currently debating moving out of my 2-bedroom to live in a 20-person coop downtown. They dumpster dive, make collective vegan meals, run workshops, have a bike room, compost room, dj booth, library, meditation wing....... I dunno. Maybe. It's all pretty inspiring, but I'd have to leave Satchmo-cat behind.... and I've been known to REALLY like my alone time. We'll see.
9. My sister and I burst into song pretty constantly. Our favourite is rambling off all the lyrics to REMs "it's the end of the world as we know it" while not breaking a sweat. :)
10. I've never tried vegan cheese!
Whew! Okay, that was fun. Now I suppose I must taggggg... Stonielove, Comfort Food Vegan, Seitan Is My Motor, Rural Vegan, VeganCowGirl, To Live and Eat in LA, rocket ship go!, Hugger Food, Bigmouth Strikes Again, Vegan Deliciousness, and ummm... has anyone tagged Cakespy yet? If I oopsed and any of you guys have already done this, well guess what, you have to do it again just like I did! It's the neverending internet meme of better acquaintance!! ("noooooooo!", she says dramatically)
Er right, sorry. I made Susan's tofu quiches too, but I'll wait for tomorrow to take sunlit pictures. They were so quichey!
Friday, March 28, 2008
It's friday again! woooooo!