Saturday, October 3, 2009

VeMoFo#3: Tragedy strikes the picture-taker

Second day of the Mofo, I'm at the Botanical Gardens here in Montreal for the Lantern Festival, taking pictures of the big pavilion in the Chinese garden transformed into a temple of tofu (they had displays everywhere, and soybean plants, and yuba and a girl playing the Erhu, it was great).  Upon getting home though........ absence.  BIG AWFUL GAP WHERE MY CAMERA SHOULD BE.  I think I even know when I lost it and that means somewhere in a field.  And it was raining.  This is so lame, second day of VeganMoFo, too....

I have a good number of backed up photos so I have a few posts worth of attractive things to show.  But for the sake of bringing home the tragedy (*sniff*), here's my lunch, as seen through the crystalline and gorgeous eye of the macbook camera.  Okay, that's sarcasm.  Actually, it still looks pretty good, but that's because I can still smell it.  I was mashing up cuisines and put the sweet potato & pear Vcon tzimmes with the chinese-ish sesame spinach soup from Martha Rose Shulman's Vegetarian Table book (with tahini instead of whole sesames).  Ringing in fall!  I loved it.

....
Ehhhnnnn who am I kidding, I'm gonna go buy a new one this afternoon.  *forehead smack*  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, tragedy indeed! I hope you make friends with a picture-taking device soon!

nora said...

oh no! so sorry about your camera--that's awful :(

Debra said...

That is horrible. I am so sorry!

Tami said...

I'm so sorry about your camera! That's a tragedy alright.

dreaminitvegan said...

What a bummer for you and us cuz the Lantern Festival sounds like it would be so pretty to see.

Mihl said...

How awful! I am sorry.

Jen Treehugger said...

UGH!
I was totally lost when my camera fell down the toilet and stopped working.
BUT I bought myself a shiny new one and a better one and that old thing was all forgotten about.

Jes said...

Oh no about the camera--you'll have to keep us updated! But hey, that lunch looks awesome. I love the fusion mishmash of it all!

KZ said...

A blogger's nightmare!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

I'm so sorry about your lost camera. :( I've done the same, but I had no idea where I'd lost it.

Amy said...

ACK! Sorry about your camera! There is nothing worse!!